Supported by the Senckenberg Society for Nature Research, Germany
The Senckenberg Society for Nature Research offers travel awards to Early Career Researchers from the Global South to defray costs of attending the SIL 100 Congress in Berlin, Germany, in August 2022. Up to four applicants can be supported.
The award may cover travel expenses, registration fees as well as accommodation costs (max. contribution: 1,250 Euro per award).
- Citizen of a country of the Global South (i.e. Africa, Latin America, as well as emerging economies of Asia and Middle East)
- Affiliation as an Early Career Researcher with a University, Research Museum or appropriate Research Institute
- Application is open for Early Career Researchers (i.e. doctoral candidates and postdocs)
- Submission of an oral presentation or an e-poster
- Mandatory enrollment and participation in the SIL 100 scientific workshop “Empowering Cooperation”
- Letter of motivation (1 page)
- Short CV
- Abstract of oral/poster presentation (see guidelines at SIL 100 Congress website; https://www.sil2022.org/registration/abstract-submission/)
- Letter of support from recent/present supervisor or mentor
Applications are evaluated by the members of the SIL 100 Scientific Committee.